Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chevy Silverado 1500 Wont start
06-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Chevy Silverado 1500 Wont start
Use Goodbye Spammer on silverado2000.
The truck is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500

The problem started when we replaced the brake lines, there is no power to the starter/speedometer, we wired a push start button and managed to bypass the security to get the truck started. However the speedometer still doesn't work and the truck won't leave first gear (it is an automatic) what is the problem with it and why is it doing this? there is no security light coming on. If it turns out to be a problem with bad wiring or a wire that broke in the process of replacing the brake lines what is the best way to troubleshoot it? thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Chevy Silverado 1500 Wont start
Look around the tail shaft of the tranny and see if you screwed up the speed sensor wire. If the truck does not think its going anywere, its not going to shift out of first gear.

2003 Silverado Z71
Short Bed 5.3L 4x4
06-18-2013, 08:26 AM
I've a 2000 Silverado that had some electrical issues with starting and the gauge cluster. I looked into it and found that the positive cable running from the battery had corroded. Side post batteries have a bad habit of corroding the positive cable and it kills the electrical system when it gets bad enough. mine had corroded all the way to the remote positive point by the alternator. I replaced the cable with a standard GM cable from a parts store and haven't had any issues since then. It's a cheap fix and easy to overlook because the corrosion is hidden by the sheath on the cable.
06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
If you blew a brake line you have a lot of rust. Trust meUndecided Look everywere you were working to see what you may have bumped and broke.
09-27-2013, 04:07 PM
the truck was running fine I stopped and put some fuel in and drove away, about 4 miles later a little hiccup and it stopped acted like it wanted to start but never turned over I thought it was a fuel pump. The next day I got in to try and start and it just kept cranking over but I did hear the fuel pump working but still wont start